REPAIRS TO MANZANA 2 PATHWAYS – The facts. – [Reparacion Pasillos Comunitarios]
Despite published allegations to the contrary, both the INTERNAL and EXTERNAL new pathway surfaces on Manzanas 1 & 2 HAVE BEEN AUTHORISED BY THE TOWN HALL.
- The original painted green pathways were in a very sorry state, so the 2007 committee researched ways in which they could be improved.
- Finally, a proposal was put to the 2007 Manzana 2 AGM.
- It was proposed to accept a quotation from a contractor specifying a complete concrete resurfacing of the Manzana 2 internal pathways.
- The new surface would consist of 50mm fibre-reinforced concrete laid over the existing crumbling internal pathways. It would be tooled whilst wet to create a “crazy-paving” effect.
- That proposal was accepted by the AGM. The majority vote was for a beige-coloured finish.
- The contractor held a “workshop” in the old church grounds, to fully explain to owners the method of construction.
- The workshop was attended by approx. 50 owners and the method was well-received.
- Manzana 1 decided to accompany Manzana 2 in a joint venture with the contractor, helping to reduce the overall cost.
- A LICENCE TO PROCEED WAS OBTAINED FROM THE TOWN HALL. (see doc. dated 19-09-08)
- A payment of 2078.94 euros was made to the Town Hall for this licence.
- The licence covered all internal pathways works within Manzana 2. A similar licence was obtained by the Manzana 1 committee.
- Work eventually commenced, to the satisfaction of the majority of owners on Manzanas 1 and 2. Work is 99% complete on Manzana 1.
- However, a small minority of owners on Manzana 2 managed to disrupt works on a number of occasions, until a court order was eventually obtained against them.
- Internal Manzana 2 pathways were completed in the main, and the contractor was called back to attend to some issues of pathway/patio drainage during wet weather.
- The majority of manzana 2 owners were very satisfied with the works. So the committee decided to approach the Town Hall for permission to re-surface the OUTER pathways.
- Photographs were presented to the Town Hall, showing the sorry state of the outer green painted pathways.
- The Town Hall agreed to the re-surfacing, on condition that the full cost of works was funded by the Manzana 1 & 2 communities. (see doc. Dated 04-12-09)
- Re-surfacing of the outer pathways commenced, but again a small minority of owners managed to disrupt these works.
- Eventually, the contractor left the site, leaving several OUTER pathways unfinished.
Very confusing trickles of discontent continue to be published by a minority of owners from areas other than Manzanas 1 & 2. The majority of owners on Manzanas 1 & 2 are more than happy with the finished pathways, especially when compared to the original crumbling green surfaces. The new beige concrete presents a bright, clean appearance, semi- reflective in lamp and moon light. The smart appearance is a credit to the community. What would be the better alternative, we ask?
Google translation of the Official Torrevieja Town Hall Document dated 04dec2009
Ref: SERV/FJG Informe no 19-VP/09
Torrevieja Town Hall
Area and Basic Infrastructure Services
SUBJECT: Work carried out in Lago Jardin 1 Urbanisation - Torrevieja
The association of residents of the village of Torrevieja Lago Jardin 1 recently conducted some works for the replacement of sidewalks in the private areas of the urbanisation. These were implemented with concrete sidewalks imprinted yellow.
In addition, taking advantage of these works, they arranged in one of the manzanas of urbanization, the same type of pavement on public roads.
Following stoppage of these works , the neighbourhood association submitted that they intended to replace all of the urbanisation public sidewalks at their own expense, due to the poor condition they were currently in, as seen in the pictures attached.
Against this background of the paving of completed sidewalks, works (would be) made with yellow printed concrete, so that the entire block is homogeneous.
Allow the Lake Neighborhood Association Garden 1 the replacement of public sidewalks of the other blocks of urbanisation at their own expense, with concrete printed yellow, similar to that used in the previous one.
Since in this area, according to municipal ordinances, paving is shown as cobblestone red, the fact of allowing concrete paving with yellow imprinted must not break the uniformity of the urbanization.
Since the cost of imprinted concrete is lower than the paving stone, the association of neighbours must proceed to (use it for)the complete replacement of the urbanisation (pathways). ie, all manzanas that comprise it.
They must allow all access that is requested or granted by the Municipality of Torrevieja, according to the indication of city technicians.
They will also replace all the chests of services that are affected by the works. The new manholes shall be of a standard model and supported by the various companies involved.
What is informed and effective.
The Engineer of Roads, Channels and Ports
Signed: Francisco J Garcia Sanchez
Sadly, we must report the death of a true Lago Jardin veteran, Ken Griffiths.He passed away on 2nd October 2012.Rest in peace Ken, our thoughts…Read more...
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR OWNERS FROM PENTAGONO 3rd Oct 2012
Minutes or the Extraordinary Meeting 9th August 2012
It is continually disturbing to note the various mistruths and misleading information being published unofficially by owners who do not reside on Manzanas 1 and…Read more...
COMUNICACIÓN A TODOS LOS PROPIETARIOS 13-07-2012
COMUNIDAD DE PROPIETARIOS URBANIZACIÓN LAGO JARDÍN-I 03186 TORREVIEJA (ALICANTE) ADMINISTRACIÓN: PENTÁGONO MULTISERVICIOS, S.L. C/ ALICANTE, Nº 1, APARTADO DE CORREOS Nº…Read more...
A Communication to all owners 13/07/2012
HOUSE OWNERS ASSOCIATION URBANIZACIÓN LAGO JARDÍN-I 03186 TORREVIEJA (ALICANTE) ADMINISTRATION: PENTÁGONO MULTISERVICIOS, S.L. C/ ALICANTE, Nº 1, APARTADO DE CORREOS Nº 287…Read more...
ACTA DE LA ASAMBLEA GENERAL ORDINARIA DE LA COMUNIDAD DE PROPIETARIOS DE FECHA 4 DE MAYO DE 2.012
ACTA DE LA ASAMBLEA GENERAL ORDINARIA DE LA COMUNIDAD DE PROPIETARIOS , SITA EN LA URBANIZACIÓN LAGO JARDÍN – I , TÉRMINO MUNICIPAL DE TORREVIEJA…Read more...
AGM 4th May 2012
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE COMMUNITY OF OWNERS , SITUATED IN THE URBANISATION OF LAGO JARDÍN – I, MUNICIPALITY OF TORREVIEJA (ALICANTE),…Read more...
Threatening Note Sent to the Community President
Parka and Larry (President of Lago Jardin I manzana II) have received a threatening note as shown below:Read more...
Proxy Vote Form
Please use the link below to download the proxy voting form. DOWNLOAD PROXY VOTE FORM HERERead more...